Just found this in the mailbox, and had to be shared with everyone who grew up in the 90s.
You Know You Grew Up in India in the 90s When…
1) You know the words to 'In pin safety pin', and 'inky pinky' by heart.
2) Cricket is almost a religion for you, and you idolize at least one of Rahul Dravid/Sachin Tendulkar/Saurav Ganguly/ Anil Kumble.
3) You have read at least some Chacha Chaudhary or Tinkle comics.
4) You’ve watched Shaktimaan on TV at least once in your life. And you can immediately recognize the character when you see him.
5) You watched corny dubbed versions of Small Wonder, Silver Spoon, and I Dream of Jeanie.
6)Backstreet Boys' "Everybody" was one of the first English songs that you loved!
6) Andaz Apna Apna is and most probably will always be your favourite comedy flick!! And Crimemaster Gogo of the 'Aankhen nikaal kar goti kheloonga' fame your favourite villan.
7) You have seen Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Raja Hindustani and Maine Pyar Kiya and wondered what was the big deal.
8) You thought Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikandar was the most inspiring movie ever.
9)You absolutely had to go to Essel World if you were with cousins! “Essel World mein rahoonga main, ghar nahin nahin jaaonga main!”
9) You still remember the theme song of Hum Paanch. (Hum Paanch, Pam Pam Pam Paanch!)
10) You have played hours upon hour of running and catching, chor-police, lagori, saankli, statue, ‘Hide & seek’, ‘Lock and key’.
11) You collected trump cards of wrestlers, cricketers, and airplanes, and did not quite understand why your younger siblings were obsessed with Pokemon and the other Japanese trends that followed.
12) Your summer vacations were often synonymous with visiting your grandparents or cousins
13) Bole mere lips, I love uncle Chips!
14) You know the song ‘Made in India’ by Alisha Chinai.
15) You have seen many many many episodes of ‘Antakshari’ on Zee TV and know the only thing constant in the show is Annu Kapoor.
16) You were the coolest thing in class if you had a computer in your house while it was still the 90s.
17) You couldn't wait to start 5th Standard so you could start writing with pens instead of with pencils! And if you were a boy, you'd wait till 8th Standard so you could finally wear trousers to school.
19) You often used terms and phrases like ‘same to you’, 'first you never I' and ‘shame shame, puppy shame, all the donkeys know your name.’
20) You most probably saw Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge at the cinema at least once. And you would still remember the first car SRK is shown driving (Lamborgini Countach?)
21) You have said ‘haw’ or ‘yuck’ when you saw people 'french' kissing in English movies.
22) Titanic was your first favourite English movie.
23) You thought seeing English movies and speaking English made you the coolest thing ever.
24) Barbies for girls, and GI Joes for boys were the ultimate status symbols. You just wanted more of each.
26) You thought ‘imported’ clothes were definitely way better than ‘made in India’ clothes (never mind that a lot of clothes brought from overseas by NRI relatives were actually made in India, before ‘Made in China’ started appearing on every existing thing)
27) "Jungle Jungle Baat Chali Hai Pata Chala Hai! Chaddi Pehen Ke Phool Khila Hai Phool Khila Hai!" You watched "The Jungle Book" every Sunday morning at 9.a.m" and just loved mowgli, bhalu and bagheera. A few years later, you watched Disney Hour, which had cartoons like Aladdin, Gummy Bears, Tail Spin, Uncle Scrooge!
28) At some point or other, cool was your favourite, and therefore, most overused word.
29) You loved licking off the cream from the centre of Bourbon biscuits.
30) There were no Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Puma- Bata, Carona and Action were your best options for sports shoes.
31) You have probably consumed more Frooti (of the green tetrapack) in your lifetime than the oil that the western world fought for at the gulf war.
32) You bought packets of potato chips for the specific purpose of collecting Tazos. And you had Tazos depicting everyone from Confucius to Daffy Duck to Daffy Duck dressed as Confucius.
33) For the longest time, Maruti 800, Padmini and Ambassador were the only cars you saw on the road, and the Contessa was cool because it was bigger.
34) You would literally jump up in excitement if you ever chanced upon an imported car (Oh my gosh, is that really a MERCEDES?)!
35) You used to Fuzen gum. You also chewed Big (big) Babool and/or Boom Boom Boomer chewing gum. They were bright pink and disgusting, but you loved them for the temporary tattoos.
36) You thought Mario and Contra were the coolest things ever invented, especially if you were a boy.
37) You knew that having the latest Hero Ranger would make you the coolest kid on the block.
38) You have, at some point of time, worn GAP or Polo Sport(obviously fake)like SRK in KKHH.
39)You watched the Bournvita Quiz contest on TV pretty religiously. The smarter ones amongst you actually took part in it and had your entire school and your entire extended families watch you on it!
40) Maggi 2 Minute Noodles = ultimate snack (and tiffin, lunch, dinner)!
41) If you grew up in the early 90s, you recall the nation’s obsession with Mahabharata on TV
42) In the later 90s, you religiously followed Hip Hip Hooray on Zee. Maybe Just Mohabbat on Sony too
43) You remember parzan dastur sayin "JALEBI!!!!" in the Dhara Ad
44) Seemingly senseless acronyms like SRK, DDLJ, DTPH, KKHH actually make sense to you..
45) You have at some point debated who was more beautiful- Aishwarya or Sushmita.
46) You would watch WWF keenly every evening/afternoon and loved Bret Hart "Hitman"! really thought Undertaker had seven lives and he made an “actual” appearance in the Akshay Kumar- starrer Khiladiyon ka Khiladi.
47) You remember the Nirma girl.
48) You remember the ‘doodh doodh piyo glass full doodh’ ad and also the ‘laal kaala peela, gulabi hara neela classic hai badia bristles wala’ and 'roz khao ande' ads.
49) MTV was your only source of Music.
50)This list made you smile.