Google

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Listless Life

Just the other day, a good friend and one of the 14 readers(two more readers since I last checked in 2009. Would you believe it :D!) pointed out that the stuff I publish on this page seem completely devoid of 'personal' details. My immediate response to it was, "I thought that's what my Facebook Profile was meant to do". But who am I fooling? Not her, certainly. Or the 13 of you. But it's true. And as always, I have a very valid reason for not writing anything much about my life.

If you've come this far after reading the rather ordinary title, I wont hold you any longer and make an honest confession. I know I'd rather say this the way Cary Grant did while hanging on to a boulder for his life in North by Northwest, but I digress. The thing is, as far as my life goes, there ain't much to write home about. I could write about what I do for a living - I write about the benefits of pursuing a degree from a world-class institution who'll never admit me for whatever I'm worth, of staying in a 5-star hotel that I could never afford, and of using the new and improved condom that I've never really had the opportunity to try out - but then it's not really in the same league as Al Gore's classy intro in the Inconvenient Truth("Hello, my name is Al Gore, and I used to be the next President of the United States."), is it?

So I find it rather convenient to write about other things. Like things that wouldn't offend anyone. And things that wouldn't alienate any one. And as you can see, after these considerations, I've left myself very little to write about. Which also brings me to a realisation of how rarely I upload this blog these days. Hummm! I seriously need to find things to write about.

No comments: