Google

Thursday, July 5, 2007

I have a dream...

My sincere apologies to Martin Luther King Jr., but I have a new dream every night. As a matter of fact, I enjoy a variegated buffet of dreams. For starters, I dream of becoming a movie critic for MAD magazine or a caption writer for Maxims. Moving on to the main course, I dream of finding an artist who is willing to collaborate with yours truly on a graphic novel that I have been working on. Finally the desserts, a few years of pedagogy in the quaint surroundings of a boarding school in the hills, far from the madding crowd. When I feel like it, I offer myself the luxuries of getting inebriated with a toast of vacations; wine tasting all over Europe, skiing in the alps, rafting in the Himalayas, scuba diving in the great barrier reef, an African safari, kayaking in the Amazon, cruising in the Caribbean with a Cuban cigar in one hand and cocktail in another ….
And then suddenly I wake up and wish I could simply invent a pill for the indigestion that is reality…

5 comments:

Jayashree Bhat said...

After reading your review on Matilda, I proceeded to download it off the internet and read it.
I LOVED it. Thank you!

Have you read 'The Twits' (Dahl)? That's very good too.

Sudhir Pai said...

I have'nt read "The Twits"
the other one that i've read and loved was this one called BFG.have you read that one?
wow!i can never get myself to read an e-book.need to getmyself into that habit soon, cant always afford to buy books.lol!

Jayashree Bhat said...

Ebooks are a pain initially but you do get used to it after sometime (coz you can't forget they're free :D)

Haven't read BFG. I think I have it, though.

Get MS reader for ebooks. Makes em bearable.

Unknown said...

An elaborate platter you have on your table, which sounds more like a perfect wedding of your fantasy and appetite! :P Well... for the main course, i guess i can see you almost there!! If the dessert can come without the cherry topping, you have the new place to explore in the north -east. A small university, quaint and beautiful, surrounded by virgin hills, and a cozy unpainted house tucked in the corners of the campus: http://www.patkaicollege.com/gallery.htm. ...well i can't promise you the alps and the snow...but i can say, you can complete your second film there. :)

Sudhir Pai said...

Oh Ma Gawd!! No cherries!!!
you know how much i love 'em!
May be cherries wont be so good when I'm in the twilight zone! [:D]